FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Sara Im, 727-512-3017, moc.liamg%402maeTyhtlaeHMona Giordano, 727-457-3755
Oct. 2, 2019
Women Entrepreneurs to Discover Ways to Transform Businesses
SAFETY HARBOR, Fla. – Women-business owners will get valuable information to bring their companies to the next level at the 4th Women Celebrating Entrepreneur Conference on Oct. 12.
The event takes place at the Harborside Christian Church in 2200 Marshall St, Safety Harbor, FL, from 10 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Women Celebrating Entrepreneurship conference is sponsored by A&B Insurance/Florida Blue, Sheryl Nicholson, CSP, coach, trainer, Podcaster and Fiona Melvin, a financial adviser with Edward Jones.
The conference will feature four speakers: Sara Im, award-winning author, inspirational speaker and owner of Smart Healthy Living; Mary Ellen Hastings, million dollar mindset coach, author and speaker; Mona Giordano, inspirational speaker, author and social media coach; and Sheryl Nicholson, CSP, coach, trainer, author and podcaster.
This conference will discuss four key areas to improve a business:
Optimizing social mediaIncreasing salesInfluence powerfullyValue and use time effectively
“It's going to be a truly transformational day that will leave participants feeling refreshed, inspired and confident to take their business to the next level,” said Im. “They will walk away with powerful breakthroughs in four big areas of their lives and businesses.”
Besides the seminar, participants will enjoy lunch, door prizes, vendors, networking and fellowship. Tickets for the conference cost $39 and can be purchased through Eventbrite. Seating is limited. If interested, contact Im, 727-512-3017.
Part 3 of what makes something newsworthy follows. In parts 1 and 2, I gave you an overview of editors' thinking and more specifically ideas for entrepreneurs. In Part 3, you will see more reasons why something might be newsworthy to editors.
What Makes Press Releases Newsworthy? Part 3
by Louise Harris
Editors and news producers have the power to decide what to air or print. They can choose the items for online publications. However, they need ideas from start-ups and entrepreneurs. To be better at deciding what types of ideas editors want, you can send releases on these categories.
1. Upgrading Technology – Today, if you blink, your technology is already out of date. Editors like trend stories, especially toward the end of the year. Therefore, if you have upgraded technology that will be the next trend, you are likely to interest journalists. Even if your new technology is not the next trend, it still makes a good story because it will make lives easier on consumers. Microsoft and Apple send releases for every new upgrade even if the technology is relatively the same as the previous version.
2. New Infrastructure – Infrastructure encompasses a lot. It could refer to schools, water systems, transportation, levees and dams, distribution systems, recycling systems, and computer operating systems. Whatever your new infrastructure is, you are likely to be a hit. All of those items in the list are story ideas for journalists. There are financial gaps for what is needed and what funding is available. Journalists love to follow the money. This applies to operating systems too. Companies often don't have budgets for upgrades. Government agencies have to implement upgrades in short bursts. Often private corporations implement new technology first before government. The amount of money relating to infrastructure is staggering. Therefore, if you have a story idea about infrastructure, send the release. You are probably going to get picked.
3. Funding – Speaking of money, if you are doling out money, winning money or asking for money, you should send a release. I am referring to venture capital, seed funding and crowdsourcing, such as a Kickstarter campaign. If you are venture capitalist, and you have just awarded a large amount of funding to an entrepreneur, journalists want to know. By the sam token, if you are the entrepreneur that just received that large funding, you also should send a release. If both organizations send the release about the same award, you will get journalist interest immediately. However, before any award can be given, it first must be proposed. Therefore, if you are a venture capitalist that is planning to award a large funding amount, tell the world. And, if you are an entrepreneur looking for funding or starting a Kickstarter campaign, you should send a press release. Many crowdsource funding opportunities require that you get media attention. Faselis Growth offers templates on seed funding releases if you don't know how to do it.
4. Celebrities/Politicians – Famous people just have to sneeze and the story will go viral. Celebrities and politicians will be covered even if you don't think what they are doing is newsworthy. Therefore, it is a good idea to invite local celebrities or local politicians to your grand opening. If you have landed a celebrity as a sponsor for your product, then you should announce that. And, ask their publicists to do the same. The same is true if a politician is happy you have opened your doors. Make sure the public and the media know what you are doing with your celebrities and politicians.
5. Industry Influencers – A new category of celebrity is industry influencer. These are the leaders in a field that entrepreneurs follow. They give ideas on how to run a business, especially for start-ups. They are becoming famous because they have produced content in blogs, videos, books, lectures, workshops and social media. They are followed by both media and entrepreneurs. Therefore, if you are one or are working with one, you should send a press release. Even if you have based your business upon an influencer's model, you should send a press release. That will tell journalists that you respect their advice and are going to be not a fly-by-night type of business.
If you are unsure whether your idea for a press release is newsworthy, the experts at Faselis Growth and other companies will give your release an evaluation and help you make it newsworthy. You should ask for help if you don't know. That one might not be newsworthy, but something else might be.
This is the final article in the series.
You can be sure that you will always know what is newsworthy when you ask the experts of Faselis Growth and Faselis Professional solutions.
RELATED ARTICLES:Building relationship with journalists
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
FFPS Puts Out Call for Sponsors to Join Movement for Change
The organizers of the first Female Founders Pitch Summit (FFPS) are seeking sponsors who are looking to make a difference for female entrepreneurs and who support our mission of funding female founders, the future leaders of business.
The inaugural one-day event on May 21, 2021, promises to be an earth-shattering event. Sponsors interested in making a difference for women and uplifting them through supporting this innovative approach to providing female founders access to capital, will have the opportunity to be on the ground-level of our global movement.
Rose Vitale, Founder FFPS, has been on a mission to change the state of funding for women and is looking for organizations and individuals who are as inspired as she is to stand with women and be part of the change. “We seek companies who can align with our mission to get more women funded and change the mindset of venture capitalists. We want them to see our vision to help women business owners,” said Vitale.
FFPS is more than an event, it is a movement. As a result of the significant capital expected to be funded at the event ($3-5 million), the FFPS will create a new era of funding opportunities and support for women business owners. This is an exciting opportunity for sponsors to be at the forefront of the disruption to the funding industry.
In addition to supporting women business owners, and being at the ground-level of our global movement, the generous sponsors of the FFPS will benefit from the significant publicity and branding opportunities for their organizations. “Sponsors who are selected will be long-term partners with us in this once-in-a-lifetime movement”, Vitale added.
Sponsors of the First Female Pitch Summit are provided the following:
Branding — Company names, logos and support will be seen on materials during the event at several locations and times. They also will get branding prior to the event and exclusivity, several press releases sent to more than 3,000 media; social media posts and articles, interview on Women in Business Podcast, FFPS advertising in New York Times, iHeart Radio and digital media; label as a “Founding Member Sponsor;” logo on FFPS Web site and other products owned by the organizers. Sponsors’ brands will be promoted after the event up to a year with similar avenues.
Networking Opportunities — Sponsors will meet women business owners, investors of high net worth and other sponsors during the welcome dinner party, lunch and the cocktail hour. They will be granted interviews by key journalists who attend. They will be able to talk with organizers and other big names.
Knowledge — Sponsors will be able to impart their knowledge as speakers during the lunch, general sessions and dinner. They can share insider perspectives and hear others give their opinions. They also will discover about innovative technology as well as talk about innovative technology and products.
Social Impacts — While other events will provide some opportunities, FFPS will give sponsors the opportunity to be part of social impacts, which will provide companies with a plan for their corporate social responsibility. They will become part of a movement for change. They will create jobs when women receive the life-changing funding to help their businesses. They will be giving access to life-changing funding to women by supporting this and future events. They will create positive impacts on local communities. Sponsors’ brands will have an improved reputation for helping others.
The value of sponsorship in addition to supporting women business owners is the free publicity and advertising, worth millions. By choosing to allocate a portion of your advertising budget on sponsorship of the FFPS, not only are you increasing the value of your brand through greater social impact, the visibility of your business will have further reach to a wider audience. Priceless.
Additionally, you are supporting women, like Vitale. As a successful business owner with more than $5 million in revenues, Vitale applied for funding and consulted business advisors, and attorneys who understood the Securities and Exchange Commission and venture capital world. Unfortunately, she came away from that experience empty-handed. No one wanted to take a chance on her company and provide her funding. Inspired by her experience, Vitale is quickly changing attitudes of how females are funded and is helping women in a similar position as her. She needs sponsors to make her vision a reality.
Are you interested in making a difference too? Visit FFPS sponsorship to apply and get more information.
Why Do You Want to Choose Clearview Business Solutions?
We value relationships. We stand by you over the long-term. That's why you have a dedicated account manager who gets to know you and your office equipment needs. We customize our approach depending on what you require. We constantly change that approach when you change and need something new. When you call us, you get a live person, not a machine, every time. Our customer service representatives are friendly and listen to your concerns. But, don't take our word for it. Read the numerous industry-specific case studies that have shown how we save you money and time. Our relationship with you doesn't stop when the work day is done. You can call us any time day or night with a concern and we will address your problem.